Vikasa Dhatri is an initiative of Udaya Kumar Gali and Aruna.
Gali Udaya Kumar is an independent Consultant developing IEC material for different Governmental and Non Governmental Organizations. He is an Environmental Educator, Trainer and Consumer Rights Activist.
He served the following organizations in different capacities:
Andhra Pradesh National Green Corps (Department of Environment, Forests and Science & Technology, Government of Andhra Pradesh), Petroleum Conservation Research Association under Ministry of Natural Gas and Petroleum, Centre for Environment Education (ENVIS Centre under Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India) and Department of Civil Supplies, Food and Consumer Affairs, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Author, Translator and Editor
- He developed IEC material for Consumer Education Centre; Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board; Environment Protection Training Research Institute (EPTRI); New Concept Information Systems Pvt. Ltd; Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India
- Editorial Board Member of Telugu Text Books of 6, 7 and 8th standards published by State Council of Education, Research and Training (SCERT), Hyderabad under ‘Environmental Education in School System (EESS)’ World Bank funded Project
Trainer & Resource Person
Offered services as a trainer in the workshops organized on Panchayat Raj, Local Self Governance, Citizen Charters, Community Forest Management, Consumer Rights, Right to Information, and Environment Education.
Aruna worked in Satyam Foundation as Full Life Cycle Leader in Environment Community Programme and later in Global Marketing Communications.
Achieved : ISO 9001-2000 Process owner of waste management project
- Worked as Consultant - Institutional Building in CARE-STEP, Visakhapatnam.
- Worked as Programme Officer, Participatory Research in Asia (PRIA), South Regional Office.
- Worked as Project Officer, National Green Corps (NGC) in Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board and received best performing project officer award from the Chief Minister Sri. N Chandrababu Naidu.
- Developed Training modules on Panchayat Raj Institutions for Secretaries and elected representatives for CARE – STEP, Visakhapatnam
- Developed Training of Trainers manual on Participatory Forest Management prepared for AP NGOs Committee on PFM.
- Translated 'Green Teacher’, 'Green Action Guide’, 'Green Club', 'Forest Tales' into Telugu published by Center for Environment Education (CEE)
- Translated 'Bio Medical Waste Management Kit' into Telugu for CEE, New Delhi
- Co-author for 'Reproductive Health Manual' for the grassroots level women health karyakarta published by Youth for Action, Hyderabad
- Compiled Urban Health Project's training manual for NGO's enhancement programme for The Department of Family Welfare-McCann Erickson India, Hyderabad under the Andhra Pradesh Urban Slum Healthcare Project